Producer Sam’s Fitness and Food Blog
Hey, it’s Producer Sam! I’m thrilled to be participating in F45’s 8 Week Challenge.
I’ve already been meeting and training with Club owners Justin and Andy at F45’s Downtown Hamilton location and I couldn’t have asked for a better experience so far!
Over these 8 weeks, I am striving to kick my workouts up a notch and really commit to being a better and healthier Sam!
But as we all know, working out is only half the battle. And being a notorious picky eater who loves reaching for a bag of chips every night, it isn’t always easy to find myself eating “healthy”. It’s always been a constant struggle.
So I was very grateful this first week to be provided my meal prep from Pura Vida. They are the meal partners with F45 and really make it easy to ease into this challenge.
It’s not always easy for everyone to meal prep or make the greatest choices at home, so that’s why I will be sharing with you my meal plan and recipes. PLUS, some how to’s on what you can do at home or at your own gym when it comes to working out!
Follow me on my fitness journey & learn more about F45’s 8-week challenge on our social channels and at 953freshradio.ca.
Here is my Week 1 recipe of the week!
Chicken and Sun-dried tomato bean salad
Okay, like I said, I am a VERY picky eater. I don’t normally eat beans, or tomatos. And a salad to me is usually drenched in Ceaser dressing, croutons and cheese. But I couldn’t get over how much I enjoyed this recipe. It’s simple to make and equally delicious.
- 2 x 70g raw chicken breast fillets
- 15g sun dried tomatoes
- 100g canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 100g canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 100g canned Lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 200g red capsicum, diced
- 100g cucumber, chopped
- 1/3 red onion, diced
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick fry pan over medium temperature and cook the chicken breast fillets with rosemary, garlic, lemon juice, Himalayan salt and pepper for 7 minutes, turning occasionally until the chicken is cooked in the middle. Once cooked remove the chicken from the heat
- Combine the kidney beans, chickpeas, lima beans, sun dried tomatoes, red capsicum, onion and cucumber in a large bowl
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar and olive oil over the top
- Divide the sun dried tomato bean salad into two serves. Dish one serving on a plate and place a chicken breast fillet beside the bean salad
- Can serve two people OR refrigerate the second serving for tomorrow’s dinner
Samantha Payne – Producer for Fresh Mornings
Instagram : @samontheradio
© 2019 Corus Radio, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.